The goal of this site is to make it easy for anyone to learn Test-Driven Development in their framework of choice. This is great if you:
- Are new to programming and want to learn good testing practices from the start.
- Want to be able to easily try out TDD to see its value without having to learn a separate programming language.
- Want to evaluate a framework to see how conducive it is to TDD.
- Want to learn best-practices for how to approach TDD in a framework.
Sound good? Then pick a framework and let’s get started!
The classic works on test-driven development can’t be surpassed when it comes to theory. But their examples are written in Java, which can make it difficult to figure out how to apply TDD to other languages and frameworks. Once you’ve seen TDD in action, you’ll be ready to drill more into the theory.
You can contribute to Learn TDD by:
- Submitting links to articles, videos, and books on Test-Driven Development for a framework.
- Suggest changes to one of our Learn TDD Git repos by forking it and submitting a pull request, for things like:
- Correcting errors.
- Improving practices to framework standards.
- Updating to a newer version of the framework.
- Creating a Learn TDD Git repo that walks through building a simple CRUD feature in a different framework using TDD.
I’m Josh, and I love TDD and helping people learn. I work at Big Nerd Ranch, where we develop custom web and mobile apps, as well as teaching and writing books on development. If we can help you or your company, let me know!
You can learn more about me at my personal coding blog.